Students in their final two years at our Secondary Schools at both Berlin campuses have the option to prepare for the AP and obtain the international credit in addition to the Abitur
The programme gives high-performing students the possibility to test their knowledge and skills at the university level. The certificate increase the chances of admission to numerous German and international universities, including the prominent British universities of Cambridge or Oxford, as well as Harvard in the USA. In addition, Secondary School students can already collect important “credits” towards their college/university degree, which saves them time and money later on. Extensive independent studies have also shown that participation in the Advanced Placement Program (AP) leads to a significantly higher graduation rate at universities.
The Advanced Placement Program was established in 1955. It is organized by the American non-profit organization “College Board”.
Some of the advantages of the Advanced Placement Programms (AP) are:
- Can be acquired at the same time as the Abitur
- First experience of university level content and examinations
- Higher chance of admission to renowned universities
- A head start due to already acquired ‘credits’
- Higher self-confidence when applying for admission at German or international universities
- Additional qualification towards scholarships
In the 2016/2017 school year, three Phorms students took part in the AP programme and sat exams in English Language and Composition, Spanish, and Biology.